The Jewel Empowerment foundation was established in 2011 by Oluwafisayo Ajisola-Borokinni, who doubles as the convener and president of the Foundation. She, alongside other great minds who believe in the vision of helping children and youths discover themselves and realize their purpose, established the foundation in 2011.
It is indisputable that young people are prone to make decisions that can either make or mar their future and those who get it right at this stage end up being successful and vice versa.
Fisayo Ajisola-Borokinni is a notable actress and entrepreneur in Nigeria. Her desire to reduce societal menace and to see youths become skillful, independent and responsible in the society gave birth to the foundation. She has since then contributed immensely to the lives of young people in Nigeria and beyond.
Vision and Mission Statement
- Our Vision
Raising standards and hope for the vulnerable children and youths of Nigeria.
- Our Mission
To have a positive and sustainable impact on the youths and abused children of Nigeria through education, seminars, workshops and skills training.
1) To reduce societal menace by focusing on children and youths through organizing pep talks, seminar, symposium, workshops, exhibitions, conferences, skill acquisition programs and other events so as to empower them for meaningful living and impart good morals.
2) To foster youth development via various empowerment e.g. scholarship award, debate, talent hunt and promotion of spirit of competition, innovation and industrialization.
3) To imbibe reading culture habit to both primary and secondary school students and youth at large.
4) To work with other groups to encourage government and corporate organization in the giving of adequate attention to children and youths especially in secondary schools.
5) To liaise with other organized bodies with similar aims and objectives whether in Nigeria or Abroad.
6) To publish journals, pamphlet and magazine for the purpose of promoting the organization ideas.
7) To make education the priority of every child while encouraging them by engaging in regular back to school projects.
Since the organization was established for children, youths, vulnerable and abused citizens, their welfare and positive orientation towards life is our level best concern. The organization’s objectives and mission are accomplished through seminars, conferences, symposium, workshops, pep talks and skill acquisition programs for the youths to get them ready for future challenges. The vulnerable and abused citizens are re-orientated and every degree of stigmatization which they faced is removed or reduced.
The Jewel Empowerment Foundation has contributed immensely to the mental, physical and psychological growth of over a thousand secondary school students across Nigeria, helping them to GET IT RIGHT! We believe young people are prone to make decisions that can either make or mar their future, we realize most people who get it right at this stage ends up being a success and vice versa.
The Jewel Empowerment Foundation helps youth to discover and rediscover their hidden potentials. The organization is keened to make a long lasting positive realignment in the lives of children, youths, vulnerable and abused citizens in Nigeria and the world at large, to make them skillful, independent and responsible in the society. We also partner with other organizations of similar objectives and renowned motivational speakers home and abroad who help to ingrain new and better mindset in our audience. All said above are effectively carried out with the partnership of corporate establishments, governments and well-meaning individuals. These supports come as cash, material and in kind.